NFC is looking to hire an experienced employment law Associate for our Chatham, New Jersey office. NFC expects this position to be held by a highly motivated, detail-oriented individual who excels in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment that values top-quality work and positive contributions to the workplace.
Hours: Full-Time (1,800 Billable Hours)
Applicant must have a minimum of at least 5 years of substantive employment law experience, including experience advising clients on a range of employment law issues.
Responsibilities are focused on employment litigation for private sector corporate clients in New Jersey and New York, specifically:
- Drafting pleadings and motions
- Conducting legal research
- Preparing and responding to written discovery (including E-discovery)
- Preparing and responding to motions
- Assisting with deposition preparation, mediations, etc.
- Attending depositions/hearings/mediations as required
- Trial preparation
- All aspects of litigation including conducting work on: lawsuits; EEO, DOL, and other administrative charges; pre-litigation demands; subpoenas, etc.
- Must be admitted to the NJ and NY Bars
- Exceptional legal writing and communication skills
- Excellent research skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to work collaboratively and positively in a dynamic team environment
- The ability to identify and resolve problems quickly
- The ability to manage multiple clients and matters
Salary Range (based on full-time): Starting at 155k
The Firm is providing this good faith salary range to comply with applicable law. The applicant’s final salary will depend on a number of factors including the applicant’s skills, experience, and years of practicing employment law.