This position will report directly to the Chief Administrative Officer and will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of our San Diego office, and instrumental to driving sustainable growth within the office. NFC expects that this position will be held by a highly motivated individual who excels in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment that values top-quality work and positive contributions to the workplace.
Hours: Full-Time; Hybrid (In-Office/Remote) Position
Location: Location: The individual in this role is expected to work in NFC’s San Diego, CA office a minimum of three (3) days per week required, on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Must be flexible and willing to work in the office additional days on occasion, as dictated by business needs. Must be willing to travel locally to assist with certain firm events, as well as travel occasionally to other offices of the firm.
Classification: Exempt Position
Reports to: Chief Administrative Officer
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the office; prioritize use of support staff and facilities.
- Participate in strategic planning process with management to identify and accomplish short and long-term organizational goals.
- Oversee the daily operations of information systems and act as liaison to IT managed services provider.
- Oversee facilities management, including equipment, office services, purchasing, inventory control, and space planning and design.
- Create and manage San Diego branch office expenses and budget and help drive financial results for that office.
- Perform accounting/financial functions specific to the branch office including preparing and monitoring case budgets, invoice appeals, client timekeeper approvals, and invoice approvals.
- Provide local support to HR Team for recruiting, onboarding, performance management and professional development.
- Supervise and manage San Diego branch office support staff.
- Lead a professional and positive work environment by facilitating effective communication and information sharing among attorneys and professional staff.
- Champion NFC firm culture that reflects our core values and lead employee engagement initiatives.
- Utilize effective social and event planning strategies for San Diego office events to foster a positive environment promoting positive morale and encouraging connection, growth, productivity, efficiency, performance excellence, and a culture of collaboration.
- Coordinate with and assist Marketing Dept on local client events.
- Work with CAO and HR to implement practices and procedures, ensuring understanding of and compliance with firmwide office policies and legal obligations. Support and implement firmwide initiatives.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a major in Human Resources, Management, Business Administration, or Finance strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 6 – 8 years of leadership experience in a senior management position at a law firm or other professional services firm required.
- Proven ability to manage direct reports effectively; strong management/leadership skills; solid business acumen.
- Advanced understanding of office management practices including knowledge of and experience with accounting procedures, financial management, HR, information systems and project management.
- Strong understanding of law firm procedures and requirements.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams and PowerPoint).
- Excellent communication skills.
- High level of confidentiality.
- Ability to multi-task and plan.
- A self-starter with the ability to think “outside the box” and work independently.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
Salary Range (based on full-time): Starting at $110 – 115k
The Firm is providing this good faith salary range to comply with applicable law. The applicant’s final salary will depend on a number of factors including the applicant’s skills and experience.