NFC is looking to hire an experienced employment law Counsel for our Chatham, New Jersey office. This position will be filled by a highly motivated, detail-oriented individual who excels in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment that values top-quality work and positive contributions to the workplace. This particular position is perfect for an experienced employment attorney seeking a non-litigation position or an in-house role, as the position is focused on a wide range of advisory work.
Hours: Hybrid In-Office/Remote Position. Minimum 1,200 Billable Hours – with option to discuss flexibility in hours.
Reports to Counseling Practice Group
Applicant must have a minimum of at least 8 years of substantive employment law experience, including experience advising clients on a range of employment law issues.
Responsibilities are focused on independently managing all aspects of employment counseling matters for private sector corporate clients headquartered in New Jersey and New York, specifically:
- Advising clients on a wide variety of employment issues, including hiring, workplace policies, investigations, agreements, performance management, separation, and leaves of absence
- Communicating with clients on a regular basis, including delivering advice via phone or virtual platforms and drafting comprehensive business-focused advisory emails
- Preparation of workplace agreements and policies (e.g., Handbooks, Separation Agreements, Restrictive Covenant Agreements, etc.)
- Handling agency matters, including EEOC and DOL (and similar state/local agencies)
- Oversight of associates in Counseling Practice Group on employment law work
- Training clients on employment law and DEI issues
- Development and deepening of client relationships
- Participation in NFC webinars and seminars
- Participation in monthly Counseling Group meetings
- Participation in other firm-related events and professional development meetings
- Voluntary opportunities for NFC committees including DEI, Social Responsibility (Pro Bono), and Culture Club
- Must be admitted to the NJ bar (NY Bar Admission is a plus)
- Exceptional legal writing and communication skills
- Excellent research skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to work collaboratively and positively in a dynamic team environment
- The ability to proactively manage a team and all litigation deadlines
- The ability to identify and resolve problems quickly
- The ability to manage multiple clients and matters
- Experience conducting third-party investigations a plus
- Any other state bar license a plus
Salary range (based on full-time, to be adjusted for less than full-time): 170k – 190+
The Firm is providing this good faith salary range to comply with applicable law. The applicant’s final salary will depend on a number of factors including the applicant’s skills, experience, and years of practicing employment law.