NFC is looking to hire an experienced Counsel for our growing West Coast office. NFC expects this position to be held by a highly motivated, detail-oriented individual who excels in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment that values top-quality work and communication.
Hours: Hybrid: In-Office/Remote Position. Minimum 1,800 Billable Hours – with the option to discuss flexibility in hours.
Classification: Exempt Position
Reports to: Counseling Practice Group
Applicant must have a minimum of at least 8 years of substantive employment law experience, including experience managing cases.
Responsibilities are focused on independently managing all aspects of employment litigation matters for private sector corporate clients headquartered in California, specifically:
- Case management, analysis, strategy, and oversight
- Proactive communication with NFC team
- Proactive communication with NFC clients
- Preparing pleadings and motions
- Preparing and responding to written discovery (including E-discovery)
- Preparing and responding to motions
- Attendance at depositions, hearings, motions, mediations
- Trial and arbitration preparation and attendance
- Must be admitted to the CA Bar
- Exceptional legal writing and communication skills
- Excellent research skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to work collaboratively and positively in a dynamic team environment
- The ability to proactively manage a team and all litigation deadlines
- The ability to identify and resolve problems quickly
- The ability to manage multiple clients and matters
- Traditional labor experience a plus
Salary Range (based on full-time): starting at 185k
The Firm is providing this good faith salary range to comply with applicable law. The applicant’s final salary will depend on a number of factors including the applicant’s skills, experience, and years of practicing employment law.