NFC is looking to hire an employment law Counsel attorney for our Chatham, New Jersey office. This position will be filled by a highly motivated, detail-oriented individual who excels in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment that values top-quality work and positive contributions to the workplace.
Hours: Full-Time (1,800 Billable Hours)
Classification: Exempt Position
Location: Hybrid – work in NFC’s Chatham, NJ office a minimum of two (2) days per week. Under NFC’s current hybrid model (which is subject to change), in-office days are every Wednesday, with a second day on either Tuesday or Thursday. Must be flexible and willing to work in person for additional days as needed for coverage and/or other business needs.
Reports to: Litigation Practice Group
Applicant must have a minimum of at least 10 years of substantive employment law experience, including experience managing cases.
Responsibilities are focused on independently managing all aspects of employment litigation matters for private sector corporate clients headquartered in New Jersey and New York, specifically:
- Case management, analysis, strategy, and oversight
- Proactive communication with NFC team
- Proactive communication with NFC clients
- Preparing pleadings and motions
- Preparing and responding to written discovery (including E-discovery)
- Preparing and responding to motions
- Attendance at depositions, hearings, motions, mediations
- Trial and arbitration preparation and attendance
- Must be admitted to the NJ and NY Bars
- Exceptional legal writing and communication skills
- Excellent research skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to work collaboratively and positively in a dynamic team environment
- The ability to proactively manage a team and all litigation deadlines
- The ability to identify and resolve problems quickly
- The ability to manage multiple clients and matters
- PA and/or CT license a plus
- Traditional labor experience a plus
Salary Range (based on full-time, to be adjusted for less than full-time): starting at 190k – 210k
The Firm is providing this good faith salary range to comply with applicable law. The applicant’s final salary will depend on a number of factors including the applicant’s skills, experience, and years of practicing employment law.