This position is responsible for providing litigation, administrative, and legal support to NFC’s attorneys. NFC expects that this position will be held by a highly motivated individual who excels in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment that values top-quality work and positive contributions to the workplace.
Hours: Monday – Friday (9:00 am – 5:00 pm EST); limited overtime as needed
Location: Hybrid -work in NFC’s Chatham, NJ office a minimum of two (2) days per week. Under NFC’s current hybrid model (which is subject to change), in-office days are every Wednesday, with a second day on either Tuesday or Thursday. Must be flexible and willing to work in person for additional days as needed for coverage and/or other business needs.
Classification: Non-Exempt Position
Reports to: Director of Litigation Support Services
- Organize and coordinate document productions (Bates Stamping, Redaction, etc.)
- Prepare Indexes and Chronologies of Events of produced documents (Plaintiff, Defendant, Third-Party)
- Prepare and maintain Privilege Logs
- Prepare documents needed for Depositions and summarize Deposition Transcripts for use by attorneys
- Review and gather relevant documents for Motions and other Court submissions
- Organize exhibits for Pleadings and other Court submissions
- Research relevant information on public records, witnesses, adversaries, arbitrators, mediators, etc.
- Coordinate and file Pleadings with the Court (knowing associated rules: Superior Court NJ, District Court NJ, EDNY, SDNY, Appellate, ECF, etc.)
- Draft Interrogatories, Document Requests, Requests for Admissions, Subpoenas, etc.
- Draft Answers to Complaint
- Filings and updates to electronic document systems maintained by clients
- Draft letters to clients
- Draft Settlement Agreements
- Prepare Mediation Submissions
- Organize and track documents received from clients and the Court
- Conduct computerized research (Internet, Westlaw)
- Format documents
- Conduct E-Discovery searches and uploads
- Format Table of Contents/Table of Authorities
- Proofread and edit documents for grammar, content and redactions
- High-level Trial preparation and support, as needed. (i.e. organize and index trial exhibits and other supporting documents, etc.)
- Litigation Secretarial support as needed
- Unplanned activities – other duties as assigned by direct supervisor
- At least 5 years of Paralegal experience
- Strong understanding of law firm procedures and requirements
- Strong understanding of relevant court rules
- Excellent grammar and proofreading skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and plan
- Highly organized
- Strong research skills (including Westlaw, internet, etc.)
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
Salary range (based on full-time): Starting at 76k
The Firm is providing this good faith salary range to comply with applicable law. The applicant’s final salary will depend on a number of factors including the applicant’s skills and experience.