NFC expects this position to be held by a highly motivated, detail-oriented attorney who excels in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment that values top-quality work and positive contributions to the workplace.
Hours: Fully remote with flexible hours requirement. Seeking commitment of availability for at least 10 hours-15 hours/week of work. Hours will fluctuate weekly.
Reports to Counseling Practice Group
Applicants must have a minimum 3 years of substantive employment law experience.
Responsibilities are primarily focused on working with the Counseling Practice Group in servicing the group’s clients, which is dedicated to partnering on employment law matters with NFC’s private sector corporate clients in New Jersey, New York, and remote locations.
Work shall include but not be limited to:
- Document and policy preparation (e.g., Handbooks, Separation Agreements, Restrictive Covenant Agreements, Policies, etc.). Handbook work especially needed at current time.
- Research regarding a wide range of employment issues, including discrimination, harassment, wage and hour issues, FMLA/ADA issues, sick leave laws, leave of absence issues, RIFs, restrictive covenants and COVID-19 guidance and related laws
- Assisting with the preparation of materials for client trainings on a wide variety of employment law issues
- Assisting with NFC seminars, webinars and other firm-related materials as needed
- Providing overflow assistance to other NFC practice groups, where needed
- Must be admitted to the NJ Bar (NY Bar Admission also preferred)
- Excellent research skills
- Exceptional legal writing and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Exceptional judgment and ethics
- The ability to work collaboratively and positively in a dynamic team environment
- The ability to identify and resolve problems quickly
- The ability to manage multiple clients and matters
- The ability to complete assignments on a timely basis
- The ability to escalate client issues to senior attorneys when appropriate
Hourly Rate range: $80 per hour
The Firm is providing this good faith hourly rate range to comply with applicable law. The applicant’s final salary will depend on a number of factors including the applicant’s skills, experience, and years of practicing employment law.