NFC is looking to hire an experienced Associate for our growing West Coast office. NFC expects this position to be held by a highly motivated, detail-oriented individual who excels in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment that values top-quality work and positive contributions to the workplace.
Hours: Full-Time (1,800 Billable Hours – with option to discuss flexibility in hours)
Applicants must have at least 4 – 7 years of substantive employment law experience.
Responsibilities are focused on independently managing all aspects of employment litigation matters for private sector corporate clients in California, specifically:
- Proactive communication with NFC team
- Proactive communication with NFC clients
- Preparing and responding to written discovery (including E-discovery)
- Preparing and responding to motions
- Attendance at depositions, hearings, motions, mediations
- Trial preparation and attendance
- Assisting with the counseling of clients on a wide variety of employment issues
- Must be admitted to the CA Bar
- Experience supervising junior attorneys is a plus
- Exceptional legal writing and communication skills
- Excellent research skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to work collaboratively and positively in a dynamic team environment
- The ability to identify and resolve problems quickly
- The ability to manage multiple clients and matters
Salary Range (based on full-time): Starting at 160k – 180k
The Firm is providing this good faith salary range to comply with applicable law. The applicant’s final salary will depend on a number of factors including the applicant’s skills, experience, and years of practicing employment law.