The position will provide hands-on, engaged support to drive HR’s efforts on benefits, hiring, onboarding, offboarding, internship program, compliance, employee engagement, firm culture, professional development, and training and performance management. The HR Generalist will be a strong collaborator committed to excellence and collegiality.
Hours: Monday – Friday (9:00 am – 5:00 pm EST); limited overtime as needed
Location: Hybrid – work in NFC’s Chatham, NJ office a minimum of two (2) days per week. Under NFC’s current hybrid model (which is subject to change), in-office days are every Wednesday, with a second day on either Tuesday or Thursday. Must be flexible and willing to work in person for additional days as needed for coverage and/or other business needs. Must be willing to travel locally, as needed, to assist with certain firm events.
Classification: Non-Exempt Position
Reports to: HR Director
- Administer health and benefit plans, including enrollments, changes, and terminations. Ensure accurate record-keeping, proper deductions, and reconcile benefits statements.
- Facilitate successful onboarding process, including generating offer letters and submitting background check verifications, communicating with new hires, coordinating with internal team to ensure office/workstation is adequately set up, verifying I-9 documentation, securing necessary documentation, scheduling and conducting new-hire orientation and creating related materials.
- Facilitate successful offboarding process.
- Champion NFC firm culture that reflects our core values and leads employee engagement initiatives. This includes becoming a member of the Culture Club, planning and executing monthly NFC Core Days, and other employee morale events (e.g., showers, birthday celebrations, etc.).
- Oversee performance review processes by setting up and facilitating performance management cycles (Check-Ins, Mid-Year & Annual Review Cycles, and additional feedback requests)
- Manage time off requests and internal time off calendar via the HRIS platform.
- Review, track, and document training compliance for Attorney Continuing Legal Education and other mandatory training (e.g. sexual harassment training).
- Oversee and manage annual Professional Development Plan for attorneys. Liaison with Practice Groups and other Department Heads to coordinate, support, and facilitate attorney professional development.
- Spearhead creation and dissemination of monthly firm newsletter.
- Assist with payroll processing.
- Maintain HR documents on the firm’s document management system.
- Maintain and update postings, files, and procedures that are in compliance with federal and state statutes.
- Provide administrative support for all HR functions.
- At least 3 years of relevant HR experience preferred, preferably in a law firm or other professional services firm.
- Experience with HRIS/Payroll systems software (i.e. iSolved);
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Teams)
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and plan
- Strong organizational skills
- High level of confidentiality
- A self-starter with the ability to think “outside the box” and work independently
Education: Bachelor’s degree required & PHR/SHPR Certification preferred.
Salary range (based on full-time): Starting at 70k – 75k
The Firm is providing this good faith salary range to comply with applicable law. The applicant’s final salary will depend on a number of factors including the applicant’s skills and experience.