Previously, NFC issued e-alerts about helpful communications from the New Jersey Department of Labor (“NJ DOL”) relating to benefits available under state and federal law.
We have received many questions from clients about the details of unemployment benefits and their interaction with other benefits, such as New Jersey Earned Sick Leave, Temporary Disability, and Family Leave, as well as the federal CARES Act and FFCRA. Therefore these FAQs are particularly timely and helpful. The NJ DOL has now issued FAQs on the following topics:
- Unemployment insurance: relief for employees impacted by COVID-19 (including interactions with federal benefits)
- Applying and certifying for benefits for unemployment insurance
- Eligibility for unemployment insurance
- Information on unemployment and paid leave benefits available for pregnant or caregiving employees
- Information on benefits available under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (“FFCRA”)
You can find the complete FAQs [ HERE ]. They include practical information such as relevant phone numbers, websites, on-line filing, etc.
Please see our prior e-alert for additional, helpful charts and guidance: ( CLICK HERE ).
If you have any questions relating to this eAlert, or any other COVID-19 issue, please contact NFC’s COVID-19 Response Team as we are closely monitoring the rapidly changing legal landscape relating to this global pandemic. Please feel free to reach out to the NFC Attorney you typically work with or call us directly.