As you can appreciate, Nukk-Freeman & Cerra has been flooded with questions from our clients related to the coronavirus issue (“COVID-19”). We are fully available and able to help you with all your questions in this challenging and fast-moving time. Please do not hesitate to call or email the lawyer you usually work with or call our office at 973-665-9100 and ask to be directed to an attorney regarding a COVID-19 question. You may also email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Typical categories of questions that have arisen:
- What should we include in a basic communication to employees about managing COVID-19 and the effects it is having on the workplace?
- How do we handle pay and PTO issues for employees who are sent home and can’t work from home?
- What do we tell employees if someone in the workplace – or the workplace vicinity, such as within an office building – has been diagnosed with COVID-19?
- More broadly, how do we balance employees’ individual privacy concerns with concerns about the health and safety of our workplace as a whole?
- How can we limit employees and visitors to our workplaces, such as by asking questions about their health and taking their temperature?
- What options are available to employees to provide temporary income replacement if they are unable to work due to business closures, their own illness or a family member’s illness?
- If an employee has been travelling by plane domestically or internationally, can we/should we ask them not to report to the workplace?
- How can we maintain work standards and procedures if most or all of our employees are working from home?
New issues arise every day. NFC is dedicated to the practice of employment law for management-side and has assembled a COVID-19 team to provide best practices and risk assessments to our clients.
Above all, every stay safe and healthy!